
Ted and I were married on June 21, 2003. 5 years later we have a son and a daughter and a house of our own in a wonderful town with some really great people. I have been wanting to renew our wedding vows since earlier this year. I want my kids to be a big part of our renewal vows. I want Skye to be the flower girl and Logan to be the ring bearer. And especially now that Ted lost his freaking wedding band in the ocean in San Diego and got a new one from Tiffany's, it would be really nice to have an official ceremony again to bless that ring too.
I spoke to Cindy on the phone today and told her about the idea and it turns out that she is the QUEEN of party planning!! She had so many great ideas and so many great places. She told me about parties with themes. I had been researching wedding renewals online the other day and I had come across "casino night" and loved the idea of it but then it passed out of my head. But Cindy brought it up in our conversation and I was like yes I saw it online and loved the idea!!
I am up late at night looking stuff up online and found some great stuff. Cindy had the great idea to have the casino around the pool area and do the renewal ceremony in the backyard. I thought we could take advantage of the little hill outside the pool fence and use that area for me and Ted to stand when we renew our vows.
Now I have to figure out how many people to invite, no kids, tents, tables, tablecloths?, utensils?, party favors, and buffet or catered food. I can't decide if I should decorate the entire yard in the casino motif. If so then I could have really cute casino centerpieces in the middle of the tables instead of flowers. OK I asked Grace and she thought they were tacky which is what I thought too in the back of my head.
Now I have to decide what the theme will exactly be. Casino Royale (James Bond), Vegas Night or just Casino Night. I would love to use Casino Royale but I've never seen a James Bond movie so I don't know what would make a party more James Bond. ??? I found this invite on line that I love the wording on. Cindy said she'd help me with the invitations. She's so crafty and had a GREAT idea of using vellum and ribbons. It sounds so gorgeous! But here's the wording I love for a Casino Royale party.
No comments:
Post a Comment